Saturday, July 26, 2014

Anomaly, Luminary, and Revolutionary

Today I finished the Anomaly series by Krista McGee. This series absolutely took my breath away. I was immediately drawn in after the first couple of pages of the first book in the dystopian trilogy, Anomaly (I reviewed that last week) and couldn't put the other two down.




As I said in my previous post, the Anomaly trilogy follows are young woman named Thalli and her struggle, escape, and desire to overthrow and defeat the State, an underground post-nuclear war society located under the Rocky Mountains. As I read I got to experience with Thalli as she discovered her emotions weren't bad and met The Designer, the one who ultimately designed everything and has a place for her in heaven. 

These books are Christian fiction so, if you don't like "religion being shoved in your face and down your throat" when you read, I would advise you not pick up this series. Faith is an important part of the novels and is part of what makes Thalli and her friends, Berk, John, Rhen, Dallas, and Alex who they are. Without those aspects, the novels wouldn't be what they are.

On the other hand, these are excellent books and the best dystopian series I have ever read, hands down. If you don't mind the Christian aspects of the books, I strongly suggest you add this series to your summer reading list (what's left of it) and get started right away. They are amazing and each book will have you aching for the words of the next one!

What's your favorite dystopian series?

No comments:

Post a Comment