Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Anomaly


I have just finished reading the dystopian novel Anomaly by Krista McGee. Let me start off with saying that I have read a lot of dystopian novels and this one was by far the best! The book was recommended to me by my friend Emma and I knew that if she recommended it, I was going to like it. I just didn't expect to like it this much! 

The novel was amazing! I was hooked after the prologue, and was totally connecting to the main character Thalli (she was a musician after all, so I could easily see where she was coming from). Thalli lives in a post nuclear war Earth in an underground area called "The State". Everyone in the state has been genetically designed by The Ten to have no emotions, feelings, or be ill. Anyone who differs from this pattern is malformed and considered an anomaly and harmful to the state. All anomalies must be annihilated. The novel took me on an emotional roller coaster filled with plot twists and characters I just wasn't expecting.

I am so excited that this is the first of series, the other two books were released this July and when I get back from Blacksburg, I plan to have them on my bookshelf! Amazing!

What has been your favorite dystopian novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment