Monday, January 13, 2014

Closet Purging

So recently I have been doing some closet purging. This has been an on going process that I starting over break and I have just recently finished. Pretty much, what I did was I went through all of my closets and dressers and I organized and got rid of old clothes. This was the first time I have ever really done this because I usually leave it up to my mom or it just doesn't get done at all. But this year I wanted to start out fresh and along with starting out with a fresh attitude, I wanted a fresh closet.


Through this process I found that closet purging is a great stress relief. I listened to music and looked through all of my clothing (some stuff I had had since 6th grade) and just had fun with it. I organized and then reorganized my drawers for days and even woke up in the middle of the night with an overwhelming urge to organize my closet . . . again. It was an amazing couple of weeks as I watched the number of bags filled with my clothes pile up outside of my room ready to be sent to the Goodwill. I felt so satisfied, so clean, so fresh!

Closet purging was so much fun and I think I am going to make it a biannual tradition for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment