Friday, December 27, 2013

Nontraditional New Years "Resolution"

Hello everyone! So I have been doing some thinking as 2014 approaches and 2013 rapidly disappears and I think it is time I come up with a list. This list is not going to be a grocery list or a to-do list, in the traditional sense. This will be a list of everything I want to accomplish in 2014 and all that I aspire to be. A nontraditional "New Years Resolution". 

I have always loved the idea of New Years resolutions; people creating goals for themselves: I am going to go to the gym for an hour 5 days a week, I am not going to eat chocolate, I am going to spend less time partying and more time studying. New Years resolutions are excellent thoughts, dreams and ambitions that people wish to achieve but usually fall out of within a few week or, if they are lucky, after a few months. They end up being peoples "If I could just not work as much then I could do _____" or "If I had more self-control then I could not eat _____". Instead of being goals that are achieved they become excuses for us to be less than we could be. 

This is why my "New Years Resolution" is going to be different. Instead of being a list of goals that I know I will never acomplish it is going to be a list of attributes that I want to achieve, pretty much a list of dreams and traits of everything I want to achieve. And whatever trait/dream I don't achieve will move over to my list for 2015. This is an ongoing list of everything that I wish to achieve and be! 

The list is in the works and will be up soon! I am so excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment