Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Let it Snow

I know that I am out of school next week but, I can't help but pray for a snow day. I mean, I love school -- I really love school -- but this week I am just not feeling it. So far this week Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday have all been rainy days and I keep looking out the windows in my classes just hoping and praying that the rain will turn into those beautiful unique flakes of snow!

I hate the week before exams. Actually hate is an understatement, I legitimately loathe the week before exams; all the underclassman are freaking out because they feel like they are going to fail their midterms and all of the seniors have checked out (yes) and are attempting to finish all of their end of term assignments (only downfall to senior exemptions). The school is a frenzied mess and no one wants to be there.

The rain hasn't really done much to help us struggling high school students this week. On top of not wanting to be at school because it is the week before exams, we also don't want to be there because the dreary rainy weather outside -- rain NOT snow -- is not appealing to go out in and can't get us out of this dreaded week. This morning and yesterday morning, when my alarm went off at 5:50, I rolled over and checked my Twitter and Facebook feeds expectantly, looking for a delay, a cancellation . . . SOMETHING! But all I found was a lot of angry subtweets at the county.

Stressed out high school students are a very special breed of people and ones that I don't particularly like being around. I am doing my best to get through this week by reading and praying for snow. Who knows, tomorrow I may have a happy surprise from the county on my Twitter feed!

Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment