Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I am overly excited about it being Christmas Eve (I couldn't sleep last night). I love the way my family spends the night before Christmas. It is so much fun and unique and so totally us!

Christmas Eve morn is spent helping Mom (or watching Mom) prepare the food for Christmas breakfast, dinner and Christmas Eve supper. Then we turn on the Christmas movies (ABC Family's 25 days of Christmas) and have them on all day! I personally spend the majority of the day singing because I have to really warm up m voice for the Christmas Eve service. Carey is wrapping presents, Mom is cooking, I am singing, and Dad is watching movies and napping.

When night falls Carey and I open one package from under the tree, the Christmas pajamas Cc bought/made for us! Brighton also gets to open his girt from Cc as well (he loves opening presents). Then we all either pile into the car or clean up the house for Christmas Eve supper. This year we are having supper at Kate's house.

After supper we all of us head over to the church for the 11:00 Candlelight service. And, of course, before we go to bed Carey and I lay out the milk and cookies in hopes that Santa comes!

"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care in hopes that St. Nicholas soon will be there," Clement Clarke Moore, Twas the Night Before Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment