Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Beauty of Sunday

I love Sunday! I know so many people that hate it because it is the last day of the weekend but not me! I love Sunday so much; everything about the day is beautiful.

Every Sunday starts off and ends the same (for me at least). I wake up and go to church! Church is where I worship God and dig further into his word and I absolutely love that! After the service I either go out and grab lunch with friends, like today, or I head home for a quiet lunch in. Whether it is grabbing lunch with friends after the service and chatting about the sermon and discussing life issues and plans or just eating a quiet lunch in my kitchen by myself I cherish that time! I am really able to build relationships during Sunday luncheons and that is time that I really value! Sunday afternoons are pretty chill for me. I am either catching up on all of the work I opted not to do on Saturday or I am bustling around the city of Richmond running last minute errands before Monday or I am reviewing over and over again what my plans are for that week. No matter what I am doing these Sunday afternoons are my absolute favorite because I am in control of how I spend them. If I want to take a nap, I take a nap and if I want to busy myself by doing unnecessary but very necessary work, then I will do that (I usually spend this time doing the latter). At 5:00 on the dot I am at choir practice at my church and by 6:30 I am enjoying a nice meal with my family. Things are pretty much low key after that until 8:00 when Once Upon A Time hits the screen! Man, nothing comes infront of my Once Upon A Time time. 

What is so beautiful about Sunday is it is a day completely controlled by me! Everything I do, I do because I want to, not because I have to or because I am obligated to be there (like high school). I plan out my Sundays as I go through them. If I feel like going out to lunch, I go out to lunch. If I feel like taking Brighton to the mall, I take him to the mall. I am in complete control of how I run my Sunday and I love that. It is the only day in the week where everything I do, I do because I really, truly desire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment