Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good-bye 2013

2013 has been an interesting year for me. The majority of the year was a new beginning but part of it was a constant struggle. As much as I wanted the struggle to go away, I just knew that it wouldn't. Struggling is a part of life and although we don't necessarily want it to happen, it always will.

Luckily for me, the majority of my struggles lasted for the first part of 2013. Half way through the year I was filled with the joy that comes with a new beginning. For me the New Year came in August -- it was new, fresh, and full of opportunity and the potential for happiness. I took this head on and as a result I am the happiest I have been in a very long time. 

That is what a "New Year" is all about. It is about embracing the new and saying good-bye to the old. A New Year isn't just the beginning of another 365 days, it is the beginning of a 365 days of excitement, disappointment, elegance, and grace. It is a chance to start over, to really start over. And that is what I am looking forward to in 2014, continuing what I started in August. 

2014:
New year
New people
New things
New happiness
New disappointments
New chances



No comments:

Post a Comment