Monday, December 2, 2013

The Best Things Happen While You Dance

I am a very musical person. My life pretty much revolves around singing or dancing. Being a choir kid and a semi-dancer (I have never actually taken classes so I can't "technically" call myself a dancer) I live for anything musical or graceful and beautiful. These gracefully beautiful musical and movement moments have great potential to give me life and I search for them everywhere that I go. 

So today I found "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing" clip from Irving Berlin's White Christmas. Now, I have never actually seen the movie but I absolutely adore this song so when I found this clip I was really super excited. 

The lyrics of this song are also so true. Like I said I am not a "dancer" in the technical, trained sense but, I do spend a lot of my time dancing and I absolutely love to do it! I would totally be a professional dancer if I could, just saying. What I love about the lyrics of this song is that they accurately portray what it feels like to dance, both by yourself and with a partner. There is no other feeling like dancing and I feel that is what makes it so completely unique! The best things truly happen while you dance.

While I was watching this clip I couldn't help but notice all of the magical musical and movement moments throughout this scene. Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen have such chemistry and there is so much fluidity to every single one of their movements, they honestly look as if they are moving as one. The two of them are in sync with each other throughout the whole piece and it is absolutely beautiful to watch. I was unable to take my eyes off of them throughout the duration of the piece and was emotional when it ended because I wanted it to continue forever and ever. 


As you can see, this whole entire piece is absolutely breathtaking! I am so in love with partner dances and the fluidity of this music and dance baffles me to no end. I really just want to get myself a partner and learn this whole number, exactly how they do it. But, if I do that it takes away the spectacular wonder and uniqueness of what Kaye and Ellen do!

Moments like this one never fail to make my heart happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment