Friday, December 20, 2013

Let's Build a Gingerbread House

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is building a house made out of gingerbread. That's right, you heard me . . . I love building gingerbread houses. I just put on a Christmas movie or play some Michael Buble in the background and begin to get creative with icing, candy, and gingerbread! The smell of gingerbread and icing put together just makes my heart happy.

This year Morgan and her sister Meredith came over and we built these beautiful homes made of gingerbread! Carey and Meredith made their's first and it literally took them 30 minutes. Morgan and I were sitting on the couch in my living room watching The Sound of Music Live! and listening to Carey and Mere complain and fuss over their gingerbread house. 


They finally finished, defeated, and handed over the icing dispenser to Morgan and I. Within 10 minutes, Morgs and I had our house built and tastefully decorated (the secret to our success was that I knew how to use the icing dispenser while Carey didn't)! 



Carey and Mere's is left and Morgs and mine is right!

After the fun of building our houses was over, we all settled down to finish watching The Sound of Music Live! and just chat. I had such a wonderful day with these girls and I am so thankful to have them in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment